Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Letter to All

I miei amici,

       I have really taken life by the horns, and done many fun things before I leave this life that I know and love in Colorado. I have done my best to see many friends and family members as possible (and thanks to funerals and parties alike, I have been able to do so). While the three funerals I attended this month were incredibly sad, the unfortunate truth is that there are many people we only get to see when somebody passes on; the love for a person lost brings everyone together. But beyond funerals I have done many exciting things like going to the Mountains and enjoying the amazing peach harvest, and watching the Broncos play some [American] football before I leave! 

       People haven't been helping my cause of getting in shape before I go to eat lots of amazing food in Italy and gain weight (like I've been told every girl on exchange does). They just feed me lots of amazing food to celebrate my last moments with them. Oh well, the frozen yogurt, lobster and berry pies have been a real treat! :) And Muay Thai has been keeping me moving and teaching me some important self defense -- I have really come to love this martial art!

     Today is my last day in my beautiful state of Colorado, and I am stressing about finishing my packing. 50 pounds may seem like a lot of weight, but I have no clue how I am going to get down to 50 pounds. Some cute shoes may have to stay behind!

       Now enough updating. I have prepared some letters for you all that I would like to share before I leave.

Dear friend,
     
     We most likely have had a friendship spanning over many years. We have spent so much time together that I will never forget, and I'm so glad we got to walk along the path of life together. Sadly, I have to leave you all to go forth on your path as I go on mine. We may not be as close while I'm gone because we will be living in two separate worlds, but the foundation of our companionship will stay in tact to be built upon when I come back. I'm so 
excited for your journey to continue and also my own. I hope that you keep me in your thoughts every now and then, just so I can be comforted that there are people at home who still love me when I get lonely. I know you're going great places, but only if you keep your smart hat on and keep pushing for your real goals and priorities! I will miss you but know that I still hold you in my heart. <3

Much love,
Adriana

Dear family member,

     Thank you so much for your incredible support -- in life and in the exchange process. Family is the thing that keeps us all going even when the going gets tough. I know that being so far away will be hard considering how much time our family spends together, but know that I will always love you and think often of you. Please don't be offended that I cannot talk to you as much as we both might like. My memories of the good times we have shared will console me when I get homesick. Our family is continuing to grow and I am so sad to miss it, but I will come back with so many stories and recipes to share! Your love and support are appreciated and I cannot express how much they mean to me. Family will always be at the center of my heart. I love you all and I am really just scouting out a place for us to all live together in Italy ;)

XOXOXO,
Nani

Dear me,

     You are hours away from your departure to the greatest adventure of your life. At the moment it may feel like a dream, but the reality of it will hit you soon. Following your dreams is so important and I am glad you are doing so. You are one step closer to your life's destiny of being a citizen of the world and helping humanity. You have obstacles ahead, but you also have a beautiful family waiting to take care of you in Italy, and another one that will always be here for you in the United States. I know you are strong and you have made it this far, so I am confident you will blossom in the beautiful land of life's pleasures. Learn to be patient, to go with the flow, to relax, and to enjoy all that life has to offer. Do your best and never let go of God. 

All my heart,
Adriana Gabrielle Gonzales

That's all for now, but I will try to post weekly and I will start uploading pictures with my posts soon (when I figure out how to). If you want to talk to me for any reason (even if you don't know me in person), don't hesitate to email me at soccerstarr5@hotmail.com. I hope you continue to follow my beautiful journey :)

Con tutto il mio amore,
Adriana <3


No comments:

Post a Comment